CLEANING ADVICE PLEASE

During the heatwave my little pot of home bikini waxer tipped over and oozed THROUGH my vanity onto my hardwood floor. I don’t know how to get it up cause it’s not so much waxy but syrupy, the consistency of honey. I have already tried pouring mr. clean on it and rubbing it with a paper towel but the paper towel just got stuck and it got sort of soapy and gross. CAN ANYONE HELP?!? Too oozy to harden it ala candle wax. waaaah!

7 Responses to CLEANING ADVICE PLEASE

1. dalas v says:

Maybe pour something powdery on it to change its consistency and make it easier to clean.

2. Pamela says:

Perhaps heating it with a hair dryer and wiping it with a towel would work???

3. freddy says:

Well, here’s the advice from my favorite housekeeping manual (Home Comforts, Cheryl Mendelson) about wax on hardwood floors; I don’t know if it will work with your more fluid wax, but maybe it’s worth a try: “Apply a plastic bag filled with ice until the deposit is brittle enough to crumble off. Crayon or candle wax can be removed by placing an ink blotter on the wax and applying a hot pressing iron to the top of the blotter. Solvent-based wax can also be applied around the area to loosen the deposit.”
    Good luck; I’m sure you have plenty of ink blotters and solvent based waxed around, so no prob. But seriously, maybe try the ice thing.

4. SHANE ROCK. says:

OOOH GIRL. I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPEN!!! YOU BEST JUST PUT A POTTED PLANT OVER IT AND SPRAY FEBREEZE EVERY COUPLE WEEKS… EITHER THAT OR PEANUT BUTTER…

5. ezra says:

This is my favorite blog post ever! For reals.

6. sarah says:

ICE.
    at least when it’s on the floor it cant give you ingrown hairs.
    PS. so far my homage to your blog has gone undetected in the book. MY book. If I can get it past like 6 more rounds of editing, you are so in.

7. sarah says:

don’t use peanut butter. mice like peanut butter. the whole cheese thing is a myth. and I have a feeling that wax would work like a glue trap. and TRUST me, you don’t want that. Your vegetarian self would not be happy to see that event.