If you eat cranberry sauce from a can on Thanksgiving you might as well be stranded on Plymouth Rock with an ‘India or Bust’ T-shirt. Meaning, we think, that the stuff blows.
More importantly, here’s a rad recipe that doesn’t. This is a spicy, zestfully cranberry goo that can be slathered on everything and anything Thanksgiving day and beyond. Including, of course, fake turkey sammiches.
Ginger Beer & Scallion C-Sauce
1 bulb ginger, peeled
6 scallions, chopped
1 Tbs. cardamom
1 bottle winter beer (New Belgium’s 2 Below)
1 bag cranberries
3/4 cup brown sugar
1. In a large saucepan, toast your ginger and scallions for 1-2 minutes until aromatic. Sprinkle cardamom, not too much the stuff is strong. Then dump in beer and cranberries. The brew will foam so watch it carefully. Once boilingl, bring it down to simmer and add the brown sugar. Let cook for about 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
is a community of writers, visual artists, musicians, filmmakers, and other great humans.
- You all entered to win a free copy of our new book right? :http://t.co/ZM4DkAUAJu #veg #vegan #lustforleaf
- RT @carciofirosso: "@VICE: California Winemakers Are Mixing Weed with Their Grapes http://t.co/xoGISd471c" @HotKnivez sounds right up your …
- We @HotKnivez will be on KCRW 89.9 w/ @evankleiman at 11am today. Tune in. #LustForLeaf
- We wouldn't want to beat @RandyClemensEsq in another vegan cook-off. (See "chile") @SpaceClown @TheSexyVegan @therealchefaj