Gnosh With Us Sunday!

Gnosh.jpg
We cut our teeth on summer barbecues, so we are super-psyched to make this announcement: For the next two Sundays, Hot Knives will be hosting a vegan BBQ at Verdugo bar in Glassell Park
Vegan BBQ on Sunday Aug. 9 and Sunday Aug. 16 from 2 -7 p.m.
…That’s right, short of pouring your drink, we will be calling the shots — manning the stereo, pairing your sammich with a brewski, beating you in checkers, flippin’ your seitan (that’s not a euphemism). Beside it being our favorite bar right now purely for the beer list, Verdugo recently doubled their patio picnic table seating making it the perfect summer beer garden.
So, what’s on the grill? Think drippy, vinegar-spiked barbecue “pulled pork” and handmade curry seitan bahn mi, served with fresh-cut chips, seeded coleslaw and beer popsicles. But you’re gonna have to hang out to learn more.
Come thirsty, bring friends, pack a board game. Hope you like grunge. Cash only. See you in the gnosh pit!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Gnosh With Us Sunday!

1. Mary says:

Man, you all need need to take over the back patio at a bar in MY neighborhood. Eli’s Mile High Club? It’s just six hours north?
    Also, what are you using for those pulled pork sammies? My friend Gerik always does it with faux peking duck from the grocery stores in Chinatown, and it is hard to beat for the ultimate in stringy, tangy. Something about that really fleshy texture without the actual flesh makes me really swoon.

2. Mary says:

I think my first comment was eaten by the internet?
    I was just saying, is there any chance you people will take over the patio at one of the bars in MY neighborhood? Eli’s Mile High Club? It’s only 6 hours north, in sunny Oakland.
    And how are you planning to make those pulled pork sammies? A friend of mine always uses faux peking duck from the grocery store in Chinatown and it’s pretty hard to beat for stringy, tangy. Something about that fleshy texture without the flesh really makes me swoon.

3. EVAN says:

Persistence. We like that Mary.
    Sure, you guarantee us your friends will come and that they’ll have legitimate beer and we’re there.
    Oyster mushrooms roasted twice and soaked in sweet vinegar spiked bbq sauce. No soy need apply…

4. Poppy says:

Hi Guys
    I put this on my blog, Calendar for the SL community. How did it go?
    Same menu next Sunday?
    (CAPTCHA: you’ve got the most difficult to read I’ve seen)

5. Jordan says:

The vegan BBQ sounds amazing. Unable to make this Sunday. Will you be doing this again anytime in LA area? Would love to try your BBQ.

6. EVAN says:

If you don’t make it this Sunday, all apologies because this venue is the absolute shit. But yeah, we can’t promise it’ll be soon but definitely look back for details on future grillin’.

7. Poppy says:

Bad venue? Thought you liked this bar, what’s wrong with it? The food? The beer, what? How many showed?
    Cheers,
    Poppy

8. Ben says:

So… It’s Sunday, it’s 5:45 pm, I just got back from the Verdugo, and you guys, as far as I can tell, weren’t there. No grill on the patio. No sign. So special menu. No board games in sight. No one appeared to be eating food, just a crowd of folks drinking their beers outside. So I came home and checked the URL again to see if I had got it wrong or something. Concept sounded super-awesome, but…

9. Evan says:

Ben! We were there! We sold out at 5. But we were chatting and bringing out free deluxe chip plates out to the pati. The grill is behind the fence. You should hung out and asked. Sorry you had a bummer time.

10. V says:

Yes, my friend and I got there at 6:30 (I know would’ve been nr the end anyway) after you sold out, too. :(. Glad it was so popular though. Means you should come back to Verdugo soon, maybe a few Sundays in September.

11. V says:

12. V says:

13. Elliott says:

Hey guys,
    I hate to be harsh, but this is the third time I’ve tried to come see you and the third time you’ve run out of food!
    -At the grilled cheese invitational, the line was 90 minutes long and there were no more judge passes.
    -I was in line for the Craft Brew Fest and never got inside.
    -Y’all were out of food by 4pm (except for lambic pops) last Sunday.
    I think I’ll just be a blog reader for now…
    -e

14. Elliott says:

Sorry, I meant to add that I was at the Grilled Cheese Invitational AND the Craft Brew Fest at least an hour early each time.
    How’s a guy supposed to eat some good Vegan food in this town???

15. Wow, a lot of bitterness at a couple of guys that are doing a lot more than you all. As that famous ilne goes, what the fuck have you done?
    Still haven’t made it, but I need to the next round of Sundays.