my stocking did not get wet!

It was raining, so I jumped over this puddle:
puddle.jpg
But then my shoe flew off, and slid under this fence, which had barbed wire on top:
DSCF1567.JPG
My feet looked like this:
DSCF1563.JPG
DSCF1564.JPG
We couldn’t reach it with our hands, so Rebecca went in search of a broom.
Success!
DSCF1571.JPG
Just then my friend Ryan walked up. He thought we were crazy.
DSCF1574.JPG
Rebecca saved my shoe:
DSCF1573.JPG
Thanks, Rebecca!
DSCF1575.JPG
Then we returned the broom to the video store.
DSCF1576.JPG
These dudes were pretty cool.
This is a true story!

11 Responses to my stocking did not get wet!

1. josh says:

this is an excellent story

2. megan says:

girl, you so silly. only you could write such a sweet little account of a potentially lost-forever shoe…..

3. Mikey says:

This story is a perfect example of why we all need to carry camera’s with us at all time!! :)

4. jon says:

i go to that video store about 6 times a day, and i have never seen a willow in there, let alone one in the midst of such adventures!
    timing, they say, is everything.

5. hoppock says:

so, you and rebecca are wearing matching shoes? how did your shoe get so far on the other side of the fence? this is an awesome story.

6. Rebecca says:

The thing about the matching shoes is that we did not realize that we were *both* wearing bright, festive, turquoise shoes until we were safely in the video rental store. There is a mirror beneath the register.
    The shoes are of a different make and model, for the record. Blue is pretty hot this season (shoes match my iPod, for example).

7. European says:

Awesome story. Also: Way to go to carry the camera wherever you go!

8. Jona says:

Those shoes are beautiful and fully worth the effort. GOOD SHOW!

9. The Other Liz says:

I love stories with a happy ending! But it was missing something…hmm, I got it. A valiant gentleman wearing a white shirt diving into a water puddle in effort to save your shoe. Okay that’s just me being excited to see P&P with you on Sunday. I think a good friend with a broom is all you really need for any sticky situation. :)

10. willow says:

For those of you not in the know P&P stans for Pride & Predjudice, the beloved Jane Austin novel. Liz and I are going to see a stage production of this delightful classic next weekend. Our hope is that Mr. Darcy will be H-O-T. Otherwise we will have to ask for our money back.
    Thanks for all of the nice comments about this story! I was having trouble uploading the images, and I almost gave up and didn’t post it. Boy, am I glad I did! You people are nice!