Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

TGIF

edited June 2014
Zuck's djing at Holocene Happy Hour tonight, FYI

Comments

• Okay, so after a week of sunshine we have a cloudy TGIF. Now what?
  • TGIF and SUMMER VACATION!! Clouds don't bother me today!
  • If I do anything, it'll be Consequences at Valentines.
  • Take a cloudy walk on the Columbia after work!
  • TGIF I'm petting my cat
  • TGIF GOING TO THE CATSKILLS TO SWIM.

Also researching World Cup records http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup_records
  • Blouse and Valet at Holocene from 7-9.

Then Consequences at Valentines.
  • my old man is currently bathing the snoopy. He later is making his signature #tbt mac n' cheese. I am filling up my new day planner with all the important dates for the coming academic year. I bought a $60 skirt
  • Was it an Eileen Fisher skirt?
  • LOL an Eileen Fisher skirt for $60

aren't EF shits more like $224

:(

This was just some skirt at some dweeby portland boutique
  • Guys, I hope you all saw and enjoyed this news footage of Ph Elv in a crowd or Nirvana fans, 1992?

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/Watch-Nirvana-Fans-in-Seattle-Interviewed-by-MTV-News-in-This-Unearthed-Video-from-1992

starts around 1:40
  • Hah!

That girl who said she's Krist's cousin definitely looks like him.
  • Tight hacky sacking scene. When I was in Germany, in May, we were hacking and the German people were looking at us like we were aliens. Apparently a lot of people still haven't seen it happen?
  • I DON'T THINK THAT'S WHY THEY WERE LOOKING AT YOU FUNNY MZ
  • YOU GOT SLAMMED

• Just putting this here for YT tomorrow:

• XOXOXOXOXOXOOOOOO

ME ON THE WAY OUT THE OFFICE!!!
  • Tori Amos at the zoo tonight with the kids... not a sure thing that we'll even make it past the opening act but sometimes parenting is all about risk management.
  • Keep Tori away from the pigs at the zoo farm (INSIDE TORI AMOS JOKE).
  • good one!
  • We went to Tryon Creek State Park today for the first time. L&C grads probably already know about this place, but it was new to us and a pretty good stroll.
  • Good memories!! My old jogging haunt from the 90s, also there periodically would be flashers down there and campus safety would put up fliers about it
  • My friends used to rent houses that intruded into Tryon. I think it is now an "educational community". Some really fine dinners, house parties and romping.
  • Today's flashers are so lazy, exposing themselves at drive-thrus, where they don't even have to get out of the car. WHAT'S AMERICA BECOMING?
  • IS IT TGIF OR WHAT?
    IS IT GARFIELD DAY?
    I WOULDN'T KNOW BC I'M JUST HANGING OUT LISTENING TO SANTANA
  • Ugh, YT, it's fuckin' MONDAY for the rest of us
  • HE'S RUNNIN' TO WORK
    WHAT'S HE GOT IN THAT LI'L BRIEFCASE???????
    FISH
  • Totally floating tomorrow if anyone wants to come. I've got space for three and rides.
  • edited July 2014
    I was originally gonna backpack into Serene Lake tomorrow but I hurt my knee to the point where that's no longer really viable. A float sounds nice though! What time?

Also do I need a tube/floating device? Also are there any scary parts? Don't want to slam my knee on a rock or anything.
  • For TGIF I am eating scrambled eggs for dinner and watching a movie in an empty living room. It's a celebration! Because tomorrow the MOVERS come and we will have A PLACE TO SIT and a POT WITH A LID to cook in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus my desk
  • @Alex I think we'll leave at noon. I've got tons of floats, so you would be good to go. I think we're just doing the Sandy, as I have to be back by 5pm. No scary parts.
  • Abe PLEASE be careful with Al-ron's knee
    it is a precious knee
    his gifts are great
  • Abe, I PMed you on UHX. A truly rare occurrence!
  • well, here it is again
  • Today is my last day at the Library of Congress! I'm going to TGIF at a Washington Nationals game later. Word is they have a VEGGIE DOG STAND at the stadium!!
  • have fun!!!

i am going to start my introductory week at one of the three local yoga jams i'm going to try out

pray for me

it's power vinyasa flow in a heated room and i've just been diagnosed with hip dysplasia so I don't know how it's going to go but I have to see; I HAVE TO

i also forgot to pay rent so i have to drive to another town after with a check in my pocket

and my old man is out of town for TWO WEEKS and it is boring and stupid

I am rearranging our records by vibe and talking to the dog

TGIF

• TGIFing by getting up early to write a cover letter for a new job. (Will I ever stop doing this?)
    Going to my old/new job and trying to lead meetings/be assertive (does not feel like my strong suit, but maybe I am getting better at it?).
    Leaving early to fly on a plane to the sexy SPOKANE, WASHINGTON area to visit my family in a cabin by a lake.
    I will probably have a cocktail while sitting outside with my grandparents.

• I ate a veggie dog at the Beyonce concert.
    That was cool.

One cool thing about Timbers games is that they have veggie dogs. One dumb thing about Blazer games is that they don't have veggie dogs (but now they have lots of rad food options, but veggie dog is so good).
  • veggie dog is SO GOOD at a sporting event
    it's all you want!
    it's so satisfying!
    camping and sporting event are the only times I truly crave veggie dog

The stadium where the Oakland A's play has veggie dogs and I was so surprised

So cool about Beyonce

Meg that co-op in Spokane is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I would take a veggie dog over a veggie burger almost every damn day of the week.
  • I love veggie burger!!!!!!!!
    PICKLE CITY
    love the crunch of a good burg, with crisp lettuce and crunch pickle
  • I love a veggie burger, but I almost NEVER love a restaurant's "house made" veggie burger.
    It's usually floppy, smushy, wet, and weird! I feel like, just gimme a boca or a veggie burg and put fixins on top. I will love it.
    Who wants to go to SKYLINE BURGER??!!!!!!! I DO!!!!!

I like veggie dogs a lot, but maybe a tiny bit less than veggie burgs. It's all about the bun, the ketchup, the pickle, the cheese.
  • TGIF!

-Got up early to register for grad school classes and it was a mess, emailed a professor about getting into a class that's not in my department and accidentally wrote to "helen" instead of "henry", etc.

-Breakfast and lots of coffee with RCH

-Laundry

-Paycheck

-Going into work for one short meeting

-Will maybe work on finding a place to live in Providence, RI

-Sauvie sunset dip later
  • Pickle tip: The pickles at City State are super good! I always ask if they sell them and they say no and apologize, and then bring me extra pickles. I like dill pickles as well, I am a pickle fiend.