Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

#chipparty

edited October 2014
You excited about the chip party?

I'm not doing tortilla chips. Potato only.

I am tracking calorie count and vegan and GF status of each chip.

The serving size for chips is just 1 oz (about 10 chips). Yikes.

Comments

• What about sweet pot chips?
  • Bleep blorp, will there be microchips? Asking for a friend, zrrp.
  • I'm bringing cow chips!
  • POKER CHIP
    SALT CHIP
    JIMMY CHIP
    GLOOP GLOB
  • Garden of Eatin’ Chips
  • Sorry, only potato chips.
  • edited October 2014

GET JACKED
  • Sorry, only potato chips.
  • I was confused because I didn't remember a potato-only clause in the invite, but just checked the email, we are NOT bringing chips as you are providing the chips. Makes sense.
  • Originally it was potato + tortilla but the potato has so much to offer I decided not to get greedy.

ALSO BRING A PUMPKIN AND A SHARP KNIFE AND CARVE IT.
  • Or use the drill! That's what I'm going to do I think.
  • Here are my mom's favorite snacks in the world:
    - plain peanuts
    - plain corn chips
    - vanilla ice cream
    - peppermints

I think she is singlehandedly keeping those industries going. What kind of maniac would choose a single thing on that list given any other option? PEPPERMINTS? Like, to eat a handful of?

Sorry, seemed relevant and I needed to get it off my chest
  • I think this thread is in poor taste!
  • A good vanilla ice cream can be amazing.
  • Vanilla ice cream made at someone's beach house in one of those weird churner machines with the ice and rock salt is pretty incredible.
  • There is nothing poor about the taste of chips! (mostly true)
  • Vanilla is a flavor! It is not the absence of flavor. I feel like it gets a bum rap.
  • it's fine, it's just boring!
    vanilla when you could have CHOC???
    Or straw
    Or literally any other flavor
  • I'd rather eat vanilla than straw, let's be honest.
  • Chocolate is mostly hype.
  • Very very not true about chocolate! I am making hot chocolate RIGHT NOW and it is going to be amazing. Even bad hot chocolate is amazing.
  • edited October 2014
    Bad hot chocolate is pretty gnarly. Like overly watery powdered stuff that tastes like diarrhea? NO THANKS.

#hotdiarrhea
  • I love hot chocolate from machines mixed with burnt coffee. Reminds me of skiing.
  • #pringles ≠ #potato chips. But since they were sold by Procter and Gamble to Kelloggs, they have been on a strange flavors trip. Like pumpkin pie spice. True story, an engineer friend of mine had an internship to develop a machine to count the #pringles as they flew into the can to avoid overfilling and subsequent crushing when they put the lid on.
  • Bad hot chocolate is very bad and most hot chocolate is bad
  • Why hasn't a movie about the pringles chip ever been made?

P&G wanted to create a perfect chip to address consumer complaints about broken, greasy, and stale chips, as well as air in the bags. The task was assigned to chemist Fredric Baur, who, from 1956 to 1958, created Pringles’ saddle shape from fried dough, and the can to go with it. Baur could not figure out how to make the chips taste good and he eventually was pulled off the Pringles job.

In the mid-1960s Alexander Liepa restarted Baur’s work and set out to improve on the Pringles taste. While Baur was the true inventor of the Pringles chip, according to the patent, Liepa was the inventor of Pringles.

Gene Wolfe, a mechanical engineer-author known for science fiction and fantasy novels, developed the machine that cooks them. Their consistent saddle shape is mathematically known as a hyperbolic paraboloid. Their design is reportedly aided by supercomputers to ensure safe aerodynamics while packaging.

WHAT THE FUCK!?!?
  • Fredric Baur played by Alan Alda
    Alexander Liepa played by Harry Potter
    Gene Wolf played by Bill Murrauy
    a sexy talking potato chip narrator voiced by Angelina Jolie
  • "I never thought it could happen to me"
  • Still eating chips.