Ladies. And interested gents.
I have a job interview, and it's in 2 weeks, and my wardrobe still has a couple major holes. I need help!
- the interview is on the east coast, at the end of november, so it will be snowy and freezing, but I will also need to be walking around campus
- I have to wear a suit the first day
- I have a suit (pants, not skirt), but I'm interested in footwear. I have black heels that look nice with the suit, but I'm thinking snow+cold maybe = could I get a real fancy pair of black boots and wear them under the suit pants instead? Can you wear fancy boots with a suit or do you have to go heels?
- can you wear a black cardigan over a black top, or is that too much black?
- my second day I will wear pencil skirt and hopefully the aforementioned boots. BUT: in terms of legs + skirt, you should wear some kind of nylon or stocking right? Not just for the cold, but isn't that professional? One of my colleagues told me this. So my question is, what kind of hose, in terms of opacity and color? Do you go black?? But isn't that kind of FORMAL? But nude feels so weird, right? Or is that just my horrible Texas upbringing traumatizing me toward nude support-hose forevermore??
These are my main issues, I would really love feedback upon them. Especially the boot question. Are boots with suit-pants okay, and, if so, can you show me any boots you think would be appropriate, but that also have some sort of softer/sturdier rubber-type heel, as opposed to a precarious stiletto vibe I might slip and fall in??
Is there a fancy vegan-shoes store in town where I might find such a boot?
Ok and IF you think one CAN'T wear a big ol' boot underneath a suit pant, what are my other options in terms of dealing with shoes? I obviously can't walk half a mile in the snow in high heels, right, that's not normal???