Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Jobs Thread

edited October 2010
Leave it to floss to get the jobs thread going again! I want this position SO BAD but, once again, do not qualify. Do any of you have elephant experience? Check this out:

Elephant Curator at the Oregon Zoo.

Have any of my job leads for people panned out? I want to know!

Comments

• Well... I did just register republican!
  • HEY OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited November 2010
    Send me a msg or reply to thread if you want more info...

Part time contract work building and maintaining a java based web application. Includes some server maintenance (apache, tomcat, cron, etc) along with development using postgresql, struts 1 (+tiles), spring, and some ruby.

It is a contract job that can be performed from Portland, or anywhere else.

Basically lots of assundry tasks keeping up with various maintenance needs and enhancements, about 8 hours per week.
  • The Washington County Visitors Association is hiring a PT website coordinator and a PT graphic designer. It would be a bummer to have to work on the west side but I thought a job is a job...
  • TriMet is seeking a GIS student intern to help build an open source multi-modal online trip planner. This project is going to be a very high-profile effort and might be a very solid resume piece...
  • Web Services Coordinator for Multnomah County Library. Due 11/5!
  • The Rebuilding Center is hiring a Communications Coordinator.
  • Anyone interested in teaching a web fundamentals class using Dreamweaver? I believe it would be at PNCA. Lead from my friend, Pete McCracken, of Crack Press, who also teaches at PNCA.
  • UPS is again hiring bicycle delivery staff for the holiday season.
  • Want to come be our office manager? Chat me for all the dirt.
  • That seems like a cool job, but also seems like more than one person's job! I'm just surprised that with a staff of 75 people there isn't someone solely in charge of HR and benefits admin?

Maybe I'm over-imagining, and that part is just explaining the various plans as part of the new hire process and making sure the papers get signed.
  • Is anyone interested in DJing New year's Eve at Ping? They are looking for cool party music (as opposed to super obscure tracks), and it pays, though not a ton. Good gig for a DJ who is just starting out, still in school, etc. Let me know!
  • It is probably more than one person's job, but as for HR, the finance team does a fair amount of that work. It's really more hiring paperwork & training that the office manager does.
  • Open casting call Monday for extras for new TV pilot filming in Portland http://bit.ly/h8MXKe
  • TriMet is looking for a web coordinator. Salary $47,316 - $70,977 DOE.
  • Do you want to do Social Services for a Long Term Care facility? We have a position open at Laurelhurst Village in SE 30/Stark. It's full time w/ benefits and your own sweet office.

Experience/knowledge in long term care is required. Let me know if you're interested. They have not posted this yet so you can have first dibs!!

Here's a link to the community:

www.laurelhurstvillage.com

PROS:
    YOU GET TO BE MY COWORKER
  • Job Announcement for East Portland Community Coordinator

Audubon Society of Portland, a leading voice in conservation for over a century is recruiting for a part-time Community Coordinator. This position will work from our new east side office, located at Leach Botanical Garden. He/she will assist Portland Audubon staff in building a robust and effective conservation and education program for residents living the East Metro area. A unique opportunity exists for someone who is outgoing and self motivated, possesses strong communications skills, has an interest in conservation and community building and wants to learn about non-profit operations. This is a new position and is funded through a three year grant with opportunity for future growth with Portland Audubon.

The Audubon Society of Portland does not discriminate against Board Members, staff members, volunteers, members or program participants on the basis of race, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or mental or physical handicap.

This is a non-exempt, hourly position, working approximately 20 hours per week at $14 per hour. Health benefits are not included at this time. Limited mileage reimbursements are included with approval by supervisor.

The essential duties and responsibilities of the Community Coordinator include:

o Assisting Audubon Staff with outreach, volunteer recruitment and marketing of organization and its programs in the East Portland and outlining municipalities (East Metro Area).

o Tracking audience participation and compiling reports to meet grant obligations and deadlines.

o Representing Portland Audubon at public events.

o Assisting Urban Conservationist with administrative tasks.

o Assist in community organizing associated with re-greening and re-naturing projects in the East Portland.

Desired skills, experience, and characteristics

o Ability and passion to communicate organization.s vision, mission, strategies, and programming.

o Strong writing, speaking, and organizational skills.

o Effective at working in groups.

o Fluency in Spanish or another foreign language spoken in East Portland

o Experience working in communities of color and/or immigrant communities.

o Knowledge of urban greenspaces and/or natural resource conservation.

o Experience in environmental education, outreach, and community organizing.

Compensation: 20 hours a week at $14 an hour.

Apply by Friday January 21st. Please send a cover letter, resume and employment application* to:

East Portland Community Coordinator Search
    5151 NW Cornell Rd
    Portland, OR 97210

* application available at www.audubonportland.org/about/jobs
  • "Applicant must like birds"
  • Deal breaker.